Monday, November 22, 2004

Blog Rules

Since I'm new to blogging, and not entirely sure how to go about it, I figure I might as well lay out some groundrules. I know there are no 'rules' per se - that I'm free to write anything I want, but I still think some set of general guidelines might be useful. The whole point is not to restrict my blogging, but to focus my efforts and make it all worthwhile.

Rule#1 - Write regularly. I know that's obvious - and easier said than done. Still, I'll try to at least start a draft whenever I can, even if I don't have the time to complete it and post right away. As long as I have a general idea started, I can always go back and finish it when I do have the time.

Rule#2 - Be selective about what gets written. It'd be easy to simply write about the mundane details of my day, but I don't expect I'd benefit from recording useless trivia and I'm sure nobody else would want to read about that stuff either. It's not that I have to always write deep meaningful stuff, but it'd be better if I could focus on just one topic at a time, and try to pick things that might have at least some small significance or interest to myself (and hopefully others).

Rule#3 - Read other blogs, and post comments. If I just wanted to keep a diary, I wouldn't do it on the internet. The thing that makes blogging so interesting is the whole aspect of interactivity. Whenever I post, I always spend a few minutes reading through random blogs or checking back on a few of my favorites. Every once in a while I read something that really sparks my interest or sets me to thinking in a new way. No simple diary can do that.

That's enough rules to start with. Perhaps I'll add more rules as I discover them.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are the man. No doubt about it.

C and I were just talking about this last night (we should have read this first, it would have saved us some time) and I was saying that I needed to work on finding my voice and to focus my blogging. Looks like you already got yours. ;-)

12/21/2004 4:51 PM  
Blogger Dædalux said...

Thanks for the feeback everyone, I appreciate it. Keep checking back.

2/05/2005 7:30 PM  
Anonymous SK.MUMTAZ HUSSAIN said...

DEAR SIR !
I APPRECIATE YOUR EFFORT IN ACCUMULATING SO RARE PIECES OF ART.
THANKS A LOT.
WITH REGARDS.
SK.MUMTAZ HUSSAIN.
MUMTAZ.HUSSAIN123@COM

2/11/2011 11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home