Sunday, December 12, 2004

Keeping Up With It

I finally downloaded and started using Mozilla Firefox as my default browser. I'd been meaning to for quite some time. So far I really like it. It's sort of a minimalist browser that works similar to IE but without all the extra clutter. I've also been trying to learn bits about web programming for the last few months from sites like W3Schools. Not that I want to become a Web programmer, I just want to maintain my computer literacy skills.
For instance, a few weeks ago I made some minor adjustments to the default template for this blog, mostly resizing the margins so that the posts take up more of the screen. Less wasted space that way. It's set so it should adjust to the size of the window and hopefully it should look about the same regardless of what browser you use. Let me know if you like/dislike how it looks (or if you can even notice).
Once I get my new computer built I will probably make a partition or get an extra harddrive so I can learn how to use Linux. (Something else I've been meaning to do for quite some time.) I'm not ready to abandon Windows - I play too many games, but versatility is important. The other thing I would like to learn is how to program in Flash, but who knows when I'll get around to that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home