Monday, October 02, 2006

Serial Killer

artwork by MFDHHe just won't stop. I doubt he could if he wanted to. MFDH is a writing machine. It all started with the DarthSide (for me at least.) And then there was his amazing blog-novel SOS which allowed us to follow the creative process in action as he wrote an entire Sci-Fi novel before our very eyes. His blog is always filled with short stories and random episodes, but lately his addiction to writing has been manifesting itself most wonderfully in a series of short little serials that lend themselves perfectly to us blogger readers.

First there was Night Flight Mike - twenty episodes in twenty days. Then there was Bad Traffic (five posts - five days). Lately - The Reaper's Coleslaw (just three short posts.) What's great about these little projects is that each episode is short enough to read quickly in a few minutes and then get on with your life. Yet they're good enough to keep you coming back daily for another quick fix. If you haven't already done so, I beg the half-dozen or so of you who are actually reading this to try to check out one of his stories - or at least follow along with whatever story he inevitably writes next. And be sure to check out his artwork too.

I can't imagine how nerve-wracking it must be to promise your readers a daily influx of storytelling when you're just writing on the fly. So as a meager tribute his proliferate contributions to all of us, I'm going to attempt to walk the metophorical mile.

Starting next Monday I will write a short serial - perhaps no more than a few paragraphs a day, but a complete little story nonetheless. The topic of the story will be whatever you few noble readers choose it to be. Just leave a comment or drop me an e-mail. I make no promises as to quality or clarity, but I'm open whatever ideas and suggestions you offer.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

possible topic:
a funny thing happened on the way to _insert wherever_.

also, you could tell the same story 5 times from 5 different view points or each time changing one small thing that would change the outcome....

bonus points if you comment on my blog to show that you know who this is from my thought pattern/writing style... there is another short story... the blog stalker...

10/03/2006 2:02 PM  
Blogger Dædalux said...

Thanks for the comment and the topic suggestions Anonymous. I’m long familiar with your work - you’re quoted everywhere.

Intrigued I am by your offer of bonus points - but it occurs to me it's a gimmie. All I have to do is leave a comment in EVERYONE I know's blog (who also reads this blog - not a long list mind you) and I'll get it right by default. If I'm clever I can disguise all my comments to both be apt and applicable to said bonus points.

But that’d be cheating – and I only cheat when I have to. I have deduced that you are ~()-()~. Be sure to let me know if I am in fact correct.

And to the rest of you – com’on! If you bother to read these comments you might as well post some too – I need more suggestions! I intended to incorporate as many as is feasible.

10/03/2006 8:32 PM  
Blogger Cheeseburger Brown said...

Dear Dædalux,

Thanks for blogging my blog. I'm glad you're enjoying. I'm enjoying the marathon effort of keeping up with it, believe it or not (some days I'm not I believe it, but doublethink is normal and healthy (I think)).

We're going into a run-up to a Hallowe'en theme for the end of this month and there's even going to be some children's stories for Christmas (that right -- no dirty swears or boobies).

I haven't yet thought about what the New Year will bring, but I'm sure I'll be bored and stuck in traffic soon enough to spend some time muddling it.

Love,
Cheeseburger Brown

10/04/2006 7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not write about some adventures you had as a kid, or adventures you may have pretended to have in the woods or where ever.

12/21/2006 10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home