Thursday, July 14, 2005

The Ugly Truth

I thought this animation by Cybermoon Studios was too funny to not share.




You're missing something good!
If you're reading this message, you either need to download the free Flash player, or you're reading this blog via an RSS feed and need to go here. Or maybe both.


Although we were all geeks when we were younger, my friends and I never really played D&D much. Mostly because when we did - it was exactly like this. I remember spending a lot of time making characters and then never getting past the first few mintues of actual play because of some argument over the rules or someone's 'role-playing style.' As a matter of fact, whenever I watch this parody I can't help but assign people I know to each caricature. I'll never tell which one is me.

Some of the credits at the end have links to different contributors but since they go by so quickly I've added the primary points here:
Props to 8-Bit Theatre - a web-based comic that uses old game sprites as characters, and served as inspiration for the animation's theme.
The Dead Alewives - a Wisconsin based comedy troupe whose recorded skit this animation was based on. Unfortunately this now seems to be a dead link, but I'm vainly hoping it'll come back someday.
And most of all Cybermoon Studios - the anime and icon collectors who are responsible for putting this animation together.

6 Comments:

Blogger Aanen said...

Speaking of starting games.... are we going to ever start the one that you, Monkey, your bro, and I started a few years ago? Remember, the one we were working on in the basement on the pool table?

7/15/2005 8:46 AM  
Blogger Dædalux said...

You have a memory like an Elephant! I'd forgotten all about that. I think that was supposed to be a strategy game of my own devising, but I'm sorry to say I don't recall much of the rules I had devised. We never could get everyone together at the same time could we?
I think it's safe to say it's probably not gonna happen.

7/15/2005 11:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, that is hysterical. I had heard it before, but never seen the animation (which makes it even funnier).

7/15/2005 12:56 PM  
Blogger Aanen said...

I remember like it was yesterday, well, some of it. You had somekind of set that was the dungeon ( I think they're still under the pool table) and a black cloth that covered the areas that wasn't explored.

The cartoon is great though, I have a pretty good idea of who has what caricature.

7/18/2005 11:35 AM  
Blogger Dædalux said...

Aanen - please stop revealing my nerdiness on this blog. Only I'm allowed to do that. :P

7/18/2005 6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha

; )

7/19/2005 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home