Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Rocket Racers

Peter Diamandis, the same man who brought us the Ansari X-Prize, is proposing to create a Rocket Racing League to hold regular competitions across the United States with a yearly championship race to be held in New Mexico. As always the intent behind the league is to generate new developments in the technologies that will eventually take us all into space.

Next week is the exhibition event for the newest phase of the X-Prize Cup and I really wish I could be there. This is exactly the kind of nonsense I want to get more involved in. Of course I've never flown a rocket yet, but I'm ready and willing to learn. And since I already have my own goggles - all I really need now is a sponsor. So, if there are any rich rocketeers out there - I'm your man - be sure to drop me a line.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, this comment is a wrap up and is intened to respond to a number of your recent posts:

1. if I were rich, I would let you fly my rocket.
2. yes it would be cool to work for google working for nasa...
3. I will check out the movie
4. I will check out the movie

hope that all is well, things here are nuts.

10/05/2005 12:19 PM  
Blogger Dædalux said...

Things are going well enough.

1) I'll hold you to that rocket promise as soon as you get one.

2) No doubt.

3) Please - I'd happily loan you the TV series to watch at your leisure. I know sometimes it's easier to watch DVDs than get to the movies.

4) Please - I really want to talk to someone about that movie, but nobody's seen it. I have it on DVD too.

10/07/2005 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home