Monday, January 09, 2006

If I only had a Brain

I'm reading a new text on functional neuroscience and trying to refamiliarize myself with the structures of the brain, but it's been years since I formally took a class in neuroscience and it seems some remedial learning is in order. Normally I consider rote memorization to merely be a pretext for actual learning, but knowing the brain's structures 'inside and out' is critical to understanding how these structures interact - which is where the I need to be if I really want to learn anything cool.

Everything else I know about anatomy can be summed up by that song, "the knee-bone's connected to the .. Thigh-Bone!" but that catchy little ditty breaks down when you get to things like 'the supramarginal gyrus is adjacent to the postcentral sulcus' - which is a real shame because now I can't get that tune out of my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home