Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I'm still a kid

Over New Year's I went and saw Narnia with my wife and a bunch of friends. I had already seen the movie, but my wife hadn't. She wasn't really interested in seeing another 'kid's movie' and probably would never have bothered with it had it not been the movie the majority of our friends wanted to see. Now she won't stop talking about it - she loved it.

I read The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe as a kid but that was so long ago I couldn't really tell you what, if any, differences exist between the book and the movie. What's worse is I never finished reading the rest of the Narnia Chronicles at all. The only C.S. Lewis book I really remember clearly is the Screwtape Letters, which for whatever reason remains most memorable to me (it's all about the psychology of sin - go figure.) A friend reminded me about his famous Sci-Fi series which starts with Out of the Silent Planet, which I think I read but I don't really remember either.

So, long story short, I'll be reading a lot of C.S. Lewis this month. It'll be fun - especially since it seems likely my wife will be reading Lewis too.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that she liked the movie.

Hope that all is well.

1/10/2006 1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was a good movie wasn't it!

1/12/2006 6:32 PM  
Blogger Dædalux said...

Yeah - It was a great movie, especially considering how hard it is to do proper justice to any 'classic' book.

Speaking of books, we should all try to read the same fiction book together sometime - Like nSilico and I did w/ Idlewild and then compare notes - sort of a long distance book club. (I'm still waiting for him to leave his impression of that book.)

And I'm glad to see people still read this blog too - thanks for the comments.

1/12/2006 9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home