Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tactical Retreat

Although I've abandoned my first attempt to write a short work of fiction in serial I'm going to attempt some political maneuvering and label it an abortive success. I somehow managed to motivate myself to write several other articles in my procrastinating on this project, so my open declaration to write a story did at least get me moving - just not in the proper direction. Mostly I'm just not happy with much in my first attempt, so I'll just fall back - regroup - and attack from another angle. I don't imagine anybody out there is too upset about my initial failure anyways, but I'll keep using this blog a vehicle for this experiment.

I intend to eventually post the new story I'm writing now, but I'll at least work out the majority of the details before I post the first installment. I'm discovering that I have to write it all down in order to really have something solid to think about, but then I have to think and sleep on it for a day or two before I can shape it into a halfway decent form. I'm still not overly concerned with quality - I don't expect to write wonderfully on my first go - but I at least want to be interested in the story I'm telling. I'm hoping to have at least the first few installments done soon, and hopefully that will put me far enough ahead of myself to start posting. And of course I'm telling you - my imaginary audience - all this just to keep myself motivated.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cheeseburger Brown said...

Dear Dædalux,

I find your tone of non-discouragement encouraging. Discouragement is easy -- non-discouragement is hard.

As the French don't say, "Ne give up pas."

Love,
Cheeseburger Brown

10/15/2006 7:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home