Monday, January 23, 2006

World's Shortest Intelligence Test

I learned something new today and feel the need to inflict it on the rest of you. Here is my very own version of the most succinct diagnostic tool ever conceived. It's short, sweet, and perfectly simple. Just follow the instructions and see how smart you really are.

Problem #1 - Reading through it only once, count how many times the letter "F" appears in the following sentence:
FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE-
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTIF-
IC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS.
0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was great! Hysterical even.

1/27/2006 4:03 PM  
Blogger Dædalux said...

Thanks. Of course it's not a true diagonistic tool. Most of the smartest people I know scored as 'average' (myself included) but when I passed it around many others I know who don't read books or who speak English as a second language did very well. Apparently avid readers are more likely to process words holistically rather than phonetically.

1/27/2006 9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home