Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Return of the Pink Panther

You've probably already seen them - previews for the new Pink Panther movie starring Steve Martin. Are these previews filling anyone else with a sense of dread? Don't get me wrong, I like Steve a lot - he's hilarious - but I'm instantly skeptical of Hollywood's continuing insistence of never innovating, but simply remaking the old - and remaking it poorly. The Pink Panther movies are absolute classics (and perhaps exactly the sort of series that adapts well to sequel after sequel) but Peter Sellers left some awfully big shoes to fill. It'll be difficult to do justice to his legacy and still innovate enough to create a fresh new movie. I'm really hoping Martin can pull it off - but I'm not holding my breath.

2 Comments:

Blogger TwistedNoggin said...

If anyone can redo Clouseau (sp?) well, it would be Steve Martin, but it was done too well the first time for them to be able to improve upon it, in my opinion.

Yes, I wish they would come up with something original for a change.

"Does your dog bite?"
"No"
(pets dog) *SNAP!*
"I thought you said your dog did not bite!"
"That is not my dog"

2/01/2006 8:58 AM  
Blogger Dædalux said...

Yeah - There's just no beating the originals!

3/04/2006 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home