Saturday, March 04, 2006

Three Sites Worth Visiting

Yesterday my brother pointed out an interesting music site called Pandora. Basically you start by naming a song or artist you happen to like and it starts a streaming playlist based on your choice. As you rate the songs you hear it adapts to your likes and dislikes and creates your own personal radio-station. I started out with Van Morrison and was surprised at how quickly I ended up with Alice Cooper - the software really is clever. And while I don't need a computer to tell me what I like, it has helped introduce me to a handful of artists I'd never before listened to. And it's free, so if you haven't already done so - be sure to check it out.

For those of you who like a challenge, Coudal Partners is running another logic puzzle entitled Da Vinci's Other Code (similar to the classic fish puzzle I linked to previously.)

And if you're bored and looking for all sorts of various nonsense to read through - I always enjoy Jamie Morrison's Nonist articles (no known relation to Van Morrison.) I was really moved by his vision in Protest in a Better World. It's worth checking out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home